Bloggety Blah Blog
Lalalalalalala...I can't HEAR you!
Friday, January 26, 2007
Because they love me
As excited as I was to receive such good gifts for my birthday this year, the kids cards were the best part.

I opened Stanky's card first and was totally cracking up. I was feeling a little giddy anyway, for whatever reason. But her card was obviously supposed to be from an adult child with phrases like "As a child, I didn't always appreciate the sacrifices you made for me..." and "It took me years of learning and growing..." Clearly, she picked her card based on the lavender cover and pretty bow on the front.

Pokeboy picked a funny card, but it wasn't as funny as what he wrote on the inside. "MOMMY!! I picked the best one because it is the most exciting!! And because I know what it means!! Love -Jordan P.S. Your big gift was 100% my idea. They had no idea what to get."

True to form, Queenie picked a card with a religious feel to it. The front features a removable, wallet sized card with a little prayer on it. The inside of the card says, "No matter how busy or hectic your days, You take time for others in so many ways, Quietly showing in all that you do, That God blessed the world on the day He made you!"

Sweet, right? But then, in her own writing (and imperfect spelling which I won't bother to recreate) she wrote:

Dear Mom,

I love you so much and the reason I picked this b-e-a-uuuuutiful card for you is because it defines you, who you are, and what you believe in. You do take time to take care of others. That's why I am glad to say that I am glad to have a mother like you!
posted by *******DIANE******* @ 8:33 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
My Amazon.com Wish List
About Me

Name: *******DIANE*******
Home: California
About Me:100 Things
Email Me: HERE
See my complete profile
Cast

Pokeboy = 15 y/o son
Queenie = 11 y/o daughter
Stanky = 6 y/o daughter
Scooby = 2 y/o daughter
Bookem = STB Ex-Husband
Moody = 16 y/o step-daughter
Pinky = 5 lb furball
Java = Boxer-mix rescue

Previous Posts
Archives
Quotes

"When I was growing up, I always wanted to be someone. Now I realize I should have been more specific." -Lily Tomlin

"Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." -Winston Churchill

My Main Chicks
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER