Bloggety Blah Blog
Lalalalalalala...I can't HEAR you!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
How we roll
So, last night was a pretty typical night in my household. Come on in:

It's after dinner, and in a valiant effort to maintain some type of order in the chaos that is my home, I am standing in the kitchen making my way through the dinner dishes.

My 2 year old is standing at my feet, tugging on my pants leg, demanding to be put in her babing-ma-soup. That would "bathing suit" in the King's English.

My 6 year old is running around singing loudly to herself while she "cleans" the playroom before heading off to bed for the night. Intermittently, she's playing smackdown with my 15 year old, who should know better than to play so rough with his sister in the house. As is typical, this leads to peels of laughter, screams of indignance and tears of pain. From the 6 year old, not the teenager.

No, the teenager disappears back into the sanctuary of his cave, er bedroom, leaving me to deal with the weeping kindergartner.

The 11 year old sits on the computer, having discovered the joys of IM'ing with other 11 year olds with nothing better to do than homework. Of course, I am the one who turned her on to this as a means of discouraging the 10 cent per message texting that she was doing on her cell phone. I've created a monster.

At least she's not antagonizing the 6 year old.

I manage to distract the 2 year old with the last few squares of a Hershey bar. She'll drop anything for a little "chockit". A girl after her mama's heart.

The dog is barking in her crate because the storm outside has made her antsy. Now the other one starts up, because what's good for the goose, Pinky wants in on.

Welcome to our humble abode.
posted by *******DIANE******* @ 9:41 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
My Amazon.com Wish List
About Me

Name: *******DIANE*******
Home: California
About Me:100 Things
Email Me: HERE
See my complete profile
Cast

Pokeboy = 15 y/o son
Queenie = 11 y/o daughter
Stanky = 6 y/o daughter
Scooby = 2 y/o daughter
Bookem = STB Ex-Husband
Moody = 16 y/o step-daughter
Pinky = 5 lb furball
Java = Boxer-mix rescue

Previous Posts
Archives
Quotes

"When I was growing up, I always wanted to be someone. Now I realize I should have been more specific." -Lily Tomlin

"Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." -Winston Churchill

My Main Chicks
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER